There are two different ways to transfer a balance from Kraken to Etana Custody. You may transfer a balance from Kraken to your Etana account to keep the funds in custody, or take one extra step and transfer them to your bank account.
Withdrawing funds from Kraken to your Etana Custody wallet (Linked Transfer)
- Confirm that you have already passed KYC verification with Etana Custody.
- Log in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding > Withdrawal for the relevant currency. Add a withdrawal account by selecting Add Account.
- Enter an arbitrary name into the Description field. We suggest calling this account Etana Custody wallet. This name is arbitrary, so your choice of name will not impact your funding activities
- Next add your full name into the Name field
- Choose your Etana Custody account from the Bank Account dropdown menu and enter the amount you would like to withdraw.
- Select Confirm Withdrawal to finalize your withdrawal request.
Withdrawing funds from your Etana Custody wallet to your bank account (Bank Wire)
- Sign into your Etana account.
- Make sure that you have registered your external bank account details under the Funding Accounts tab at Etana. This needs to be done for each currency you would like to use for funding purposes.
- Select your Etana account that you would like to withdraw funds from and choose Withdraw.
- Choose the Asset type that you would like to withdraw and the Destination bank account to which you want the funds sent.
- Input the amount you would like to withdraw and select Next. This must be a minimum of USD $150 or equivalent in another currency. Please do not use any commas "," in the amount.
- Double-check that your withdrawal information is correct and select Confirm.
* Withdrawals from Etana to your bank account could take between 3-5 business days.
See the below screenshots for guidance.